What you must do in case of a loss.
- Give us or our agent prompt notice.
- Give notice to the police when the act that caused the loss was a crime.
- Cooperate with us during the settlement of the claim.
- Take reasonable steps to protect covered property from further loss. We pay for any incurred expense to do so.
- In case of roof damage, tarp roof to prevent further damage to inside.
- Close any openings created by loss to prevent uninvited entrance to property.
- Shut off water when necessitated by loss.
- Give company representative opportunity to see the damage.
- Make available for inspection any electronic equipment or appliances damaged by lightning, do not discard any items until agreed upon with company.
- Provide an inventory list of damaged personal property giving the description, age, cost new and any receipts you have for damaged items.